CTS is a new transportation service being piloted by the Town of Carlisle to add range and scheduling flexibility for residents transportation needs, particularly seniors and those with disabilities that might not have access to other transportation. The Town has contracted with a vendor called Flow Transportation to provide the transportation services. You can find their contact information here or visit their website at flowtransportationservices.com.
Although the program is meant to help those with mobility challenges, the agreement with Flow Transportation offers favorable ride rates to all Carlisle residents. This is a livery service, not a taxi firm, so please make reservations two or more days in advance. Requests received with less than 48 hours-notice from the time of your trip will be made on a best efforts basis only. Below is pricing for travel to and from Carlisle. The discounted price is for eligible seniors and disabled persons. The full price is for Carlisle residents that do not meet the criteria for the discounted rate.
|Destinations to or from the following Towns/Cities||Non-Discounted Price for those who are not disabled or age 60 or over||Price with use of Vouchers sold through the COA Office||Vouchers Required|
|Acton, Bedford, Billerica, Chelmsford, Concord, Westford*||$12||$6||2|
|Littleton, Lowell, Burlington, Lexington, Lincoln, Maynard*||$16||$9||3|
|Arlington, Belmont, Harvard, Waltham, Winchester, Woburn*||$20||$12||4|
|Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, Stoneham, Newton, Watertown*||$24||$15||5|
|Boston (Airport Trips not eligible, nor rides over 30 miles)*||$28||$18||6|
To provide additional financial help, the CTS program allows those age 60 plus and disabled residents to purchase special Transportation Vouchers from the COA office. These Vouchers can be used to pay for rides up to including destinations in Boston at discounts that typically range from 40% to 50% off of the price of Flow Transportation’s regular pricing for Carlisle residents.
Flow Transportation can provide rides for trips longer than 30 miles or for special rides like trips to the airport, but those rides are outside of the CTS program and residents must contact Flow Transportation directly for pricing in these cases. Rides with multiple stops and that require long wait times also require direct contact with Flow Transportation, both for pricing and scheduling considerations.
- Includes rides to towns of similar distance.
- Registration through the Carlisle COA is required to buy CTS vouchers.
- One way pricing based on $3 per voucher. Vouchers obtainable through the Carlisle Council on Aging.
- Rides outside of 30 miles from Carlisle may be arranged directly with Flow Transportation but are not part of the CTS program.
- To schedule rides please call Flow Transportation at least 48 hours in advance at (978) 602-5606
- Companions of any age for those needing assistance to travel may accompany the rider at no additional cost.
- Sharing of vouchers is limited to a maximum of two seniors or disabled persons departing from and going to the same destinations.
- Special requests must be cleared with Flow Transportation in advance for pricing and scheduling, particularly if there is a need for multiple stops or a long waiting time between rides as Flow needs to account for additional scheduling time for both their vehicles and drivers.